Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Aubrey Park, Sunday, 10 August 2008

Gathering at Aubrey Park on a perfect summer day ...

Order of Service, 10 am Sunday, August 10, 2008.

Welcome (Henry and Cynthia): Thank you for joining us in the celebrations of Harry’s life. We’re honoured to have you here sharing this time and this special place. Harry loved to play here, particularly the swings over there, where we could also enjoy watching the buses turn around.

Opening Prayer: Thanks to the Creator for bringing us all together on this beautiful morning. Thanks to the Creator for the community of support that has sustained our family through this journey with Harry. We ask for guidance and inspiration as we celebrate Harry’s life and mark his cremation this morning at 10.30.

Singing: “Oh the Lord is Good to Me”
Cynthia: "Nothing Gold Can Stay"
Henry: Susan Virginia Hall poem
Music: Gary and Jim
Toni: Story of Prince Harry
Henry: Message from Claude
Cynthia: "Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep"
Free time for sharing of readings and stories
Candle lighting and bubble blowing
Music: Judith, Simon and Sara
Words to mark Harry’s cremation



Rejoice over everything.
Exult. Exhilarate.
Be glad. Be delighted, elated,
And bowled over with joy!
Frolic freely, hop, hope,
Dance on the dare, cheer,
Champion the little ones.
Revel in the riotous light.
Invoke God without ceasing.
Pray with passion.
Whatever you do,
Do not quench the Spirit.
Take care not to douse
Or dampen the bold blaze
In your depths.
Jump into life.
Hold fast to it.
Give thanks for everything.
For everything,
Even the most misshapen and misunderstood,
Is the disguise of the divine.

- Susan Virginia Hall

Toni's story of Prince Harry

Candle lighting


Lydia and friends on their way to the play structure

Words to mark Harry's cremation ...

All is Well
- Henry Scott-Holland (Canon of England)

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without affect,
without the trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolutely unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Into your hands O God, beloved Creator of all,
We commend our dear Harry.
And we commit his body to be consumed by fire,
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
God bless him and keep him and give him everlasting peace.
Amen.

1 comment:

someone said...

I am a stranger to you. I came across the story of one brave little baby while looking for the obituary of a friend who recently passed away. Harry's story led me to your blog. I ran a home daycare in Wolseley about 10 years ago (I now live in BC) and was moved to see that Harry's life was so wonderfully celebrated in the very park I played in with my little group. What an absolutely beautiful way to remember the life of a child. May you all continue to gain strength from the many friends and family that make up the caring community of Wolseley. My heart goes out to you.

Siobhan.