Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Harry Venema Memorial Fun Fund

Dear family and friends,

In lieu of flowers, please consider making a contribution to the "Harry Venema Memorial Fun Fund," which will support children's sports activities at the Robert H. Steen Community Centre (just down at the end of Henry & Cynthia's street), a place Harry loved and where he made many, many friends.

Please make cheques payable to "Harry Venema Memorial Fun Fund," 21 Glenview Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R2M 1W3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby boy. My heart aches for you.

I am a Winnipegger and I recently lost my 14 month old son (Adam Hudson) unexpectedly to unknown causes on July 2, 2008. He was born April 30th, 2007.

I am touched by your story and by the fact that our children were so close in age.

Please accept my families condolences for your loss. I very much know what you are going through right now, and again my heart aches for you. Nothing in the world is as difficult as this.

My husband and I went to a meeting of the Compassionate Friends in Winnipeg, a bereavement group for those who have lost children. We found it very helpful. The next meeting is August 21st, if you are interested. It was a great comfort to be surrounded by people who have experienced the same thing.

You are in my thoughts, as is Harry. He sounds like a wonderful boy, I can feel his spirit through your lovely words.

Take care